Rewarding work, a fun team, a great environment…
We are a family run award winning Cotswold pub with a friendly and dynamic team. We are looking for a like minded individual to help us maintain our existing standards and achieve future aspirations. We have held two AA rosettes for 7 years. The menu focus's on fresh, locally sourced food prepared on a daily basis.
Position: Sous Chef
Reports to: Head Chef
As a chef your primary role is to prepare culinary delights and execute the menu ensuring a high level of performance, customer satisfaction and profitability. You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships. You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Assist in managing the day to day operation of the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
- Participate in actual food preparation, produce food consistently to a high quality, taste and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed.
- Control food costs by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling.
- In conjunction with Head Chef establish goals for the kitchen anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, enact approved profit oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
- In conjunction with Head Chef develop menus.
- Deputise for the Head Chef.
- Manage Chefs and Kitchen Porters in absence of Head Chef.
- Train kitchen staff on all new menus.
- Maintain effective communication within the kitchen; be responsive to staff suggestions, concerns and work to resolve problems.
- Maintain effective working relationship with FOH personnel.
- Complete daily orders based upon scheduled events and projected level of business.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and fridges and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
- Establish and require strict adherence to food handling guidelines.
- Ensuring HACCP records are maintained correctly and on time.
4.5 day week with 28 days holiday / annum, CC and cash tips £3k - £4k / annum. 1 meal a day.
For more information or to apply, please email Jim at email@example.com or call the pub directly on: 01386 593 223.