Rewarding work, a fun team, a great environment…
We are a family run award winning Cotswold pub with a friendly and dynamic team. We are looking for a like minded individual to help us maintain our existing standards and achieve future aspirations. We have held two AA rosettes for 7 years. The menu focus's on fresh, locally sourced food prepared on a daily basis.
Position: Kitchen Assistant
Department: Kitchen - The Ebrington Arms
Reports to: Head Chef
Working as part of a Team assisting with the day to day running of the kitchen.
The key objectives of this role are:
- Assisting in basic food preparation
- Assisting with smooth running of the kitchen production areas
- Washing dishes manually and also by using the dishwasher
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen walls and floors
- Complying with daily cleaning rotas
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery, glassware and handling with great care and keeping breakages to a minimum
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organized at all times
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning shift
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order and report any faulty equipment to the Head Chef
- Assisting in other areas of pub when required to
- Taking all dirty linen and cloths from the kitchen to linen baskets
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Work towards Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 for Catering – City & Guilds Accredited and pass within 3 months probationary period and renew every 2 years
£8.50 / hour plus CC and cash tips £3k - £4k / annum. Up to 45 hours / week.
For more information or to apply, please email Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the pub directly on: 01386 593 223.